Friday 21 October 2011

The best travel experience

I have been lucky enough to visit some incredible places including India, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Dubai, to name but a few. My fascination with travel began at a young age, which is also one of my earliest memories as a child. I remember clear as day, walking onto a ferry aged 4, to cross the channel and visit family in Holland.

I remember being mesmerised by the water all around when my gran picked me up to look over the edge. Since then travelling has become an innate obsession. Although I've experienced some wonderful countries, my most treasured time abroad was last year on a three-week volunteer project to Marrakech.

I found myself browsing the photos from this trip on my Facebook profile today, so I thought I'd share some of those memories with you all. Check out the collages below, of my favourite pics that I took on the trip. All of them represent a memorable day or special moment!


From top left: Doors into Koutoubia Mosque, My first meal at Djemma El Fna square, Ouzoud Waterfalls, Me at the top of Ouzoud before our walk down, Me and Antony (another volunteer) at the boys orphanage, fishing boats in Essaouira.


From top left: Cabanas at Nikki Beach hotel where sex and the city 2 was filmed, Me standing on the fort ruins of Skala de la Ville in Essaouira, Oversized babouches, Me in front of the mighty Ouzoud Waterfalls, Stalls in Djemma el fna square selling dried fruit and nuts, Volunteering at a day care centre in a berber village, Koutoubia mosque minaret, Horse drawn carriage in Marrakech, Windy beach at Essaouira Bay, Beautiful intricate architecture at Palace Bahia.


Collages created on photovisi and collageIt

No comments:

Post a Comment